Applications are invited from suitably qualified Candidates to fill the vacant posts tenable at Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA), China Uganda Friendship Hospital- Naguru (CUFH-Naguru) and Butabika National Referral Mental Hospital. Applications should be filled in triplicate o n P S F orm 3 ( Revised 2 008) and submitted to the Secretary, Health Service Commission at Plot No.1 Pilkington Road, Workers House, 3rd Floor (Northern Wing) or through P.O. Box 7452, Kampala; to be received not later than Friday, 10th January 2014.
All services of the Commission are free. Candidates who responded to the previous Advert in respect of the Oversight Jobs under KCCA which appeared in the New Vision news paper of 20 May 2013 and are still interested in any of the Posts must apply afresh. The Forms can be obtained from the Health Service Commission Offices, Ministry of Health Headquarters, KCCA Headquarters, Mulago National Referral Hospital, Butabika National Referral Mental Hospital, Regional Referral Hospitals and offices of the Chief Administrative Officers. The form and advert can also be downloaded from the Commissions’ website; www.hsc.go.ug.
Applicants should strictly adhere to the following requirements to avoid disqualification:
1. Complete all parts of the application form (PSF 3, Revised 2008) and submit three (3) copies for each post in case more than one job is applied for.
2. On each application form the following must be attached:
a) Recent and original passport size photograph.
b) Copies of the academic and professional certificates.
c) Copies of letters of appointment, plus confirmation letters as it may apply.
d) Copies of Registration Certificates and valid Practicing Licenses for Health Workers who are required by law to register with the relevant
3. It is emphasized that
i All applications should bear the name of the Institution, title of the post and its reference number.
ii Applicants must state clearly on the application forms their contact addresses and telephone numbers.
iii Applicants who are Serving Officers must route their applications through their Heads of Department, who should be informed of the closing
date to avoid delay. Head of Department refers to the Head of the respective
Institution of the Applicant.
iv Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
v Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring their original certificates unlaminated at the interview. Candidates who will present forged certificates
are to be handed over to the Police for appropriate action.
vi. Health Workers who are undergoing long term training must not apply
KAMPALA CAPITAL CITY AUTHORITY (KCCA) RE-ADVERTIZED
Reference: HRM 72/173/07/KCC
Salary Scale: Uganda Government Scale-KCCA 8
Reports to: Division Medical Officer
To store human remains and prepare them for post mortem and ensure proper
management of the Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring proper record keeping of incoming and outgoing human remains.
• Participating in post mortem.
• Ensuring safe disposal of Mortuary waste.
• Participating in planning and budgeting for the Mortuary unit.
• Managing and accounting for allocated resources.
• Preserving specimens for study.
• Requisitioning for necessary supplies.
• Ensuring that equipment other supplies are secure and well maintained.
• Ensuring cleaning, disinfecting and regular fumigation of the mortuary.
• Adhering to the Code of Conduct and Ethics.
• Preventing occupational hazards.
• Compiling periodic reports to Laboratory Technician.